Thursday, August 4, 2016

City Streets





There will always be obstacles on the road. 

~ Keep driving. ~

We're driving down these city streets,
Your hand firmly holding mine.
You stop the car and our eyes meet.
The words spill out of my lips.

I've opened a door to a room we've never been.
You keep driving down these city streets.
There's a hole I'm digging myself in.
I try to reword my thoughts.

One second your eyes leave the road to reach me,
And finally you open up your mouth.
You turn right, almost on my street.
The words flood in my ears.

I already know what you were going to say,
But the words still catch me off guard.
I've never been more afraid.
We're almost on my street.

Now you're driving down my road
About to take the final turn.
I turn away so you can't see where I let my thoughts go.
Your hand's still in mine.

All the thoughts take over me.
I was afraid this was the end of the road,
But then you smile so perfectly.
And, I know we're only at the beginning of our street.

Thoughts change and there's room to grow.
Now you're sharing wonderful thoughts with me.
We'll find a path on our own road.
We'll create our own street.

Your hand still holds firmly mine.
You stop the car and our eyes meet.
You give me a sweet kiss goodnight.
I love driving down these city streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment