Thursday, February 13, 2014

Waves


 The waves wash over the sands of the beach, tickling the grains of salt and turning over the shells.  It’s warm today - both in the water and on the land.  The sun is yellow like the lemonade in my hand.  Nothing can go wrong.
Suddenly a gray cloud swims over the sun and a breeze moves in.  I hold onto my floppy sun-hat.  The birds are flying back into the woods, but I can’t seem to follow.  Before I know it, the waves are making towers towards the air.  They fall down with a slap to the ground.  I’m falling in tune with them.
Out in the middle, lightening kisses the water.  It moves closer and closer with its fraternal twin, thunder, following close behind.  A sweet kiss like death.
The sky is black like night even though it’s 2pm.  It swallows me up and pulls me even closer.  I am one with my surroundings.  I am the clouds flying overhead.  The hard waves slapping down on the fragile earth.  I am the dark sky, only lighting up with sudden bolts of electricity.  The thunder, shouting at the loudest possible volume.  
I am everything and it is me. We are one.  We are what you made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment