Thursday, November 20, 2014

Memories in Scars

Letting go isn't always easy, but eventually fate has to take its course. 

~It's all meant to be~


We've been digging deeper in our wounds.
Making chaos easier to fall back into.
I want this to work but I know it can't.
I think we're holding on, becoming trapped
Because we think we're all we have.
I want this to work but I know it can't.

You say the decision is mine to make.
I've made up my mind till I see your face.
I want you to talk me out of what I'm thinking.
Every time I want to try it seems you don't care as much.
Then I'm reminded of you. Suddenly, it's enough. 
I want you to talk me out of what I'm thinking. 

Apart, it seems so tested and I become angry. 
I don't want to get hurt by you but this is hurting me. 
Talk to me if you really want me. Show me you really want me. 
You say you'll be better but it doesn't ever come. 
My wounds ache in the wait of your front. 
Talk to me if you really want me. Show me you really want me. 

I want to make it work but feels like you don't want me. 
You're out every night while I'm home, lonely. 
It's so irrelevant, it may as well be nonexistent.
Then you come back and I feel dependency. 
I don't care how much you say you want me. 
It's so irrelevant, it may as well be nonexistent.

For a bit I thought it was over, but then the scars bled again. 
Every time we patch them up I swear it is the end. 
There's nothing left for us but it's never over. 
I pray every day for some kind of change. 
For the last time, I'll grasp your hand and let go of the pain. 
There's nothing left for us but we know it's over. 

Why did we think we could get back into this?
Building our relations over boiling toxins. 
All we have is memories in scars. 
Why did we think this time would be easy?
The time wasted wasn't very pleasing. 
All we have is memories in scars. 

I'm slipping slowly away in the night. 
Your absence no longer needs a fight. 
I'm giving in and letting go. 
I think I'll remember these days one day, 
But for now it's better to rest the wounds at bay. 
I'm giving in and letting go. 

I just need to let it go. 
We just need to let it all be. 
Nothing's sure to know,
But we'll be better off, you'll see. 
Just promise you won't forget me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment