Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Burden

We all need something to hold onto, to keep us grounded. So we know we're not insane. 

~ It's so crowded in here. ~



It's dark and cold and I'm drowning. 
I'm drowning in all of your sins. 
I take the burden so you don't suffer,
But just look at this pain I'm in.

Why would you let me live this way?
How could I have come to be?
Your demons think it's a game to play,
But it's no fun when you're not free.

My soul is just a slave to my body.
It's trapped in it like in a jail cell.
Only one way out. But is there really?
You're taking more pain for the sins I've felt.

There are two sides to the story,
But you never let them hear mine.
It's dangerous to show them the real us.
So, my side is always confined.

We know what it's like to be in here,
How one small task is hard to decide.
I try to push my way into your space,
But you control so much of our mind.

I think it's overcrowded in here now.
It's time for one of us to leave.
I try to stay strong, push you out,
But you always counteract the defeats.

My soul is a slave to your mind.
It's trapped without a hope to be free.
You've done so well stealing our life.
We're not sure which is really me.

It's dark and cold and we're drowning.
You're drowning in all of my sins.
We take the burden so I don't suffer,
But just look in this pain we're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment