Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Scenes


There's no way of knowing how an event will unfold or how you will embrace it when it comes.

~ I think I'm ready now. ~



Scenes replay in my mind,
But you're already in a different movie.
You breath in new thoughts.
I can read them before they hit me.

And then they hit me.
I feel a rush of air, a sickening feeling.
Oxygen leaves me stranded.
I loose control, and I'm reeling. 

Stealing all I've known,
Mocking me with all I've seen,
I am pouring out.
But, inside, replay of taunting scenes.

I feel something reach
For me in attempt to calm it down.
I struggle away
Because I know it isn't mine now.

There's sounds somewhere. 
I can't look. I won't turn around.
With every word,
I detach. It can't be mine now. 

I feel more weight 
That had once been lifted off of me.
Suddenly, all my dreams
Come crashing into a twisted reality.

Sickening intensifies 
As you say you've rationalized it.
I don't believe you.
Oh, how you've tried to hide it.

The scenes are ghosts.
They were once bright foundations.
They're creeping around
At night. Now I need sedation.

I hear more words.
They shake me like an earthquake.
Darkness is tempting,
But the scenes still resonate.

Both sides feel it.
They're pushed to the ground.
I don't understand how
One can fall in while another falls out. 

You can write speeches.
You can prepare for the worst,
But the scenes always replay.
So, you can never prepare for how much it hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment