Friday, June 24, 2016

Black Out




The light we need has always been over head, but we're blinded by an imitation. 

~ Look at the stars. ~  

We spent our time in the shadows of dimmed street lights. 
Everything seemed perfect there, only for a moment. 
An endless cycle, more than once we said goodbye,
But we never let go of a subconscious one last hope.

We met each other in damaged dreams many times,
In big houses full of taunting, opinionated people.
Were we fortunate both our times never seem to align?
We still tried to meet under the dimmed street lights once in a while. 

Sometimes people are lucky that light bulbs burn out -
That's the funny thing about dimmed street lights.
We didn't know the difference between black and brown outs until now,
Until there was just one remedy to those haunting lights.

Finally, I can see the stars outside my wake-less dreams. 
They're brighter and better than I thought possible. 
I broke the curse of that incessant need
To walk blindly on the tedious path for so long. 

I can't find my way back to those dimmed street lights. 
Not anymore, not even in my wildest dreams.
All those memories quickly blur in the back of my mind
Because today I finally found my remedy.



To get a more in-depth look at the world of The Porcelain Doll, be sure to follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest. Also check out my YouTube channel and my lifestyle blog, Life of the Porcelain Doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment