Friday, July 15, 2016

Paradise


We all need to take a break from our lives.

~ Escape to Paradise. ~

I sit there sipping my coffee, trying to catch your eye. 
We're both holding the same Eiffel trinket - a common ground. 
Who are you? I want to know you and make you mine. 
You take off your hat, coat and place your briefcase down. 
It started out as a business trip, but it's all pleasure now. 

Open up to me as we sit together in this cafe,
Before we have to take our flight tomorrow back to our lives. 
You study me through bottles of rum, but leave your thoughts at bay. 
Who am I? We're both bodies, just slaves to time. 
I'm so glad you found me at this Paradise. 

You're my mystery man, who I'm not sure I can trust. 
So, I wear my heart shaped sunglasses and let you take my hand. 
You notice my little old ring is beginning to turn to rust,
But we won't talk about that because he's in another land. 
Who are we? Does fate forbid this love to stand?

When you're gone, all I'll have is the cotton of this new red dress. 
You'll take with you your memories. I'll take the sacrifice. 
And all I'll be is another trinket you collect. 
Put me in your mantle so you'll remember the heist. 
Aren't you glad we met just once in this Paradise?

No comments:

Post a Comment