Friday, December 20, 2013

Lights

It’s been a long time since we’ve met under those lights.
Are we the same people we were back then?
In the setting sun, this is where we said goodbye.
The heat’s long gone away.  Snow lays in tracks we’ve been.


You’re back now with a familiar face, I know is forbidden.
We may have put months and space between us,
But no time has really passed.  We’ve written
New chapters in new books.  Alone, we’ve adjust.


I want to blame and ask you why you choose right now.
The time’s never right for these two kids.
But we both know we’ll make the changes and work around
Our complicated relations.  Another chapter begins.


I’ve tried for hard to get you off my mind,
But it keeps wandering back to those hot summer days.
I thought it impossible to relinquish our past life.
One look from you and I can feel that you feel the same.


It’s all fun and games until somebody’s heart breaks.
I’ll take a chance on you. I might be way off and
End up in the dust.  But I’m willing to do what it takes.
We’re poisoning ourselves like last time when we ran.


I can believe in positivity, if you give me just one chance.
Do you still remember all the dreams we’ve dreamt?
We’re older now and life’s thrown us other plans
But those dimmed street lamps still shine over head.

No comments:

Post a Comment