Thursday, January 22, 2015

Burnt Out


Bright lights that shine overhead seem so tempting at first. 

~ Don't be fooled. ~

I've gone back to the place we first met
With those street lights shining overhead,
And dreams to pick up where we left.
It would all be just like we said.

I went back thinking it'd be the same,
But it won't be when so much has changed.
We know sweet things can never stay,
Not even to be saved for warmer days. 

I went back with too many expectations,
Forgetting our ill-fated past on rotation.
I've been living in this poisoned sedation,
Rudely awakened by new complications. 

I followed those lights not looking back,
Believing we'd finally be on a safe track,
Pretending we didn't know what we had.
We fell back into the spells of the past.

I got to the spot where we first met.
I thought I saw shining lights ahead.
I held those dreams since you left.
I thought I saw shining lights ahead.

But all those lights were burnt out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment