Sunday, January 25, 2015

Tragedy

We're condemned to repeat the past, if we refuse to remember it. 

~ We've said it's the end a thousand times. ~

There's one thing that has always been in the back of my mind,
Filed so far away like a history text.
I've kept it there thinking it'd never come in time,
So full of dust I almost forgot.

But I saw you again with that look on your face,
And I let myself remember.
I thought we'd know when to stop coming back to this place.
You always make it harder.

I closed my eyes and it all happened like a dream.
I keep feeling your soft lips on mine.
Kinda like a movie but more like you're a tragedy.
I feel you pull away.

You pulled me in with those eyes and forgot all obligations.
It was just like a dream.
I've been falling quite some time, but you pulled me into complications.
I can see the tragedy.

You pull me in just to push me out like time and time again.
I should have expected it.
I believed all you said because I'm hanging on your thread.
Where did that get me?

Now you know it's beyond repair so you leave it carelessly,
Hoping I'll pick up those pieces.
I've been dreaming for a long time, but it wasn't worth it finally.
I hope you chose honesty.

I keep feeling your soft lips on mine, wishing it was a dream. 
I know it's time for an ending. 
You aren't the one I thought you were like from all my dreams.
You're just a tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment