Friday, May 20, 2016

Castle




Sometimes all we need is a place to feel at ease.

~ Let it live forever in our memories. ~

Five in the morning.
I couldn't sleep last night,
But then I turn around to see your eyes.

I've been learning
How to leave my past behind,
But now only thoughts of you are in my mind.

Pure white sheets.
My ghosts are still haunting.
You place your arm safely around me.

I've been healing
From the ailments in my past.
You embrace me, making it all worth it at last.

Sun in the window.
I thought darkness was a way to live.
Finally, you're the ray of hope shining in.

I've been dreaming
For those fairytales to come true.
Finally, the person I've been dreaming of is you.

Our own castle.
This was worth the wait.
I finally found the place where I feel safe.

I've been searching
For a way out of my dissatisfaction.
Now I've found someone I never imagined.

Our own sanctuary.
Nothing can touch us
In here because it's built on love.

Now I'm happy.
I know that as I wake by your side.
You can't take your morning eyes off of mine.

In our own castle,
The rest of the world fades away.
There's nothing else we need but one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment