Friday, May 13, 2016

Stale Thoughts and Tainted Minds


Things happen when you least expect them to. 

~ Stop thinking. ~

Stale thoughts, tainted minds. 
Memories renewed. 
Eyes wide, change of times. 
A new point of view. 

From where we start this,
How is this possible?
From all that has been,
How could this be?

Cotton tops, button up shirts.
A breath of fresh air.
Park benches, fireworks.
Stories we share.

Sweatshirts, pretty dresses.
On the fancy side.
Red napkins, gentle senses.
Smiles in our eyes.

My eyes gaze up,
Suddenly, I turn away.
Maybe this is luck.
Suddenly, I'm not afraid.

Lipstick, coffee cups.
Fancy four wheel rides.
First kiss, new trusts.
Feeling a different high.

Sweet words, gentle whispers.
A new way to listen.
Cold nights, warm blankets.
The past is forgiven.

This is very new.
I don't know what I'm doing.
This is very true.
I don't want it to end.

New thoughts, dirty glasses.
A tale of what's to be.
New dreams, jean jackets.
You are all I can see.

We've never felt this way before.
But I'm letting you in now
We've never wanted so much more,
But I want you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment