Friday, April 15, 2016

Mind Games




Not everyone is good at following the rules.

~ I win. ~

I'm back in a game I was long ago,
Dazzled by hopes and dreams that glowed.
I played along but something did change.
Every twist and turn, boiled a rage.

I played along and it consumed me,
Played until what I have isn't what you need.
I started to take my pieces off the board,
But you made me play the game some more.

You raged as I tried to retaliate.
You held me back, and I began to saturate,
With mirroring images of all your pain.
Whispers filled me with your games.

You pull me in to another round.
I've played before, but I've learned how
To hold my own. You've learned too.
You've learned new tricks that are ready for use.

You try them out on me day by day.
I keep reading the rules of how to play
To figure out why you test what works.
Why you still play your way without concerns. 

I can feel the rage coming again.
I fill with your whispers, and then,
Just because things didn't go your way,
You play me like a child with your mind games.

I caught you like one of those diseases.
You made me like one of your pieces,
Something only to move in your favor,
But I never wanted to be one of the players.

You never paid attention to my wishes.
You shot down all of the competition.
But these games can't go on forever.
I see through to the truth of your endeavors.

Your cards are beginning to wear thin.
Your directions are ripping.
Your whispers are blurring out with time.
Your games are quickly gone from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment