Friday, April 29, 2016

Hush.


Sometimes we have to be our own guardian angels. 

~ Sing me a lullaby. ~

Hush.

I promise I will always protect you.
I will do everything it takes.
I'm the one you can turn to.
I promise to scare all the monsters away.

Hush.

Did you have a nightmare?
Come, come and lay next to me.
I promise to always be there.
I promise the perfect role model I'll be.

Hush.

I can see you're crying now.
I'll wipe away the tear for you.
I swear I will never allow 
An unhappy day for you.

Hush.

Don't worry about my monsters.
I promised I'd keep you safe.
I promised you would never get hurt.
I'm here to keep all your monsters away.

Hush.

My monsters have taken over my mind,
But I still try to dry your tears.
You see me crying late at night.
I close the door and try to face my fears.

Hush.

This isn't a topic to be discussed. 
You're supposed to look up to me.
But I can't protect you because
Now I'm deep in my disease.

Hush.

I try to keep you out of the situation,
But you feel so much more alone.
I fall deeper into my frustration.
You take on something I'll never know.

Hush.

You watch me as I struggle in my war.
You take on a burden I'll never see.
Our roles switch like never before.
Now, you're the one protecting me.

Hush.

You take on so much.
You live it in your mind.
You were so young.
You step back this time.

Hush.

Then I think I've finally won, 
But I'll never really talk about it with you. 
You're still feeling numb. 
I think it'll protect you from my monsters too. 

Hush.

If I don't talk about it, it wasn't real. 
You bottle it up in your own way. 
If I don't talk about it, this isn't how you feel. 
You're just a kettle waiting to blow one day. 

Hush.

I'm sorry I left you in the dark. 
I'm sorry I engulfed you in my pain. 
I wanted to leave a protective mark.
Instead, I put so much strain.

Hush.

Please, don't say a word. 
Let me sing you to sleep,
Like the lullaby with the mockingbird.
You really saved me.

Hush.

Please, don't say a word.
Until you're safe in your dreams, it won't end,
Like the lullaby with the mockingbird.
I promise I will be the one to protect you again.

Hush.

No comments:

Post a Comment