Friday, April 8, 2016

Salvation



Sometimes all you need is a steady anchor to save you. 

~ Stop the ride. ~

I was stuck on an endless rotation,
A carnival ride that wouldn't end. 
I didn't know all I needed was salvation,
One steady thing to bring me back again. 

I was comfortable always looking down,
Thinking what I saw was all I'd ever see.
When I wasn't looking you came around.
You stopped this ride for me.

I was content living in my comfortable state.
I thought this was the way to live my life, 
But I was afraid of an unpredictable fate.
I was afraid to get off this dizzy ride.

You came around, when I thought i didn't need it.
So effortlessly you changed me.
You came around and saved me from my demons.
So effortlessly you saved me.

You broke me out of this endless cycle.
You don't even know all you've done.
You helped me make my life full
And realize what I could truly become.

You helped me off this carnival ride finally.
No more endless rotation. 
Because the day you met me,
Is the day I finally found salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment