Friday, April 1, 2016

Crystal Heart





Sometimes fate finds you when you least expect it.

~ Be patient. ~


Your voice is still clear in my mind.
I still feel your arms holding me close.
We said goodnight quite some while ago,
But you're stuck in my mind like a song I know. 

I hold my breath until I see you again.
You replay the last recording in your mind.
Minutes suddenly become millenniums,
And our thoughts ache more with time.

We wake up and fall asleep again.
A crystal heart hangs from a chain.
We find each other in our dreams.
Pictures add up to sums in frames.

Finally, I see your face and it lights up,
As though you're meeting a queen.
You hold me even closer,
As if we were apart for an eternity.

We walk in the crowded city,
Just two people part of an entire sea,
But we're the only ones who matter.
We're the only ones we see.

You see me shiver in the outside air 
And wrap one arm around me.
Like two pieces in a puzzle,
Our fingers intertwine so perfectly.

Your eyes are locked onto mine.
My head finds home on your chest.
We've found our fantasies in each other.
Our active minds can finally rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment