Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 28

Prompt: a betrayal, soap, and a plane ticket

You're washing your hands, but they'll never come clean.
The scars you left me are meant to be seen.
You think you can run in the middle of the night
And just leave me alone to deal with this fight.

My mind's wandering into deeper depths than ever.
You're demons came out with ties you've severed.
I saw the printed ticket you slipped in your bag.
My eyes were open, but I closed them to that.

Where did that ring come from, with the diamond band?
It's not mine and couldn't even fit on my hand.
It's awful too pretty for yourself to wear.
Right before the last time you crept down those stairs.

I'm not wishing you luck on your new journey.
You two are arm-in-arm, couldn't earn me.
Now all that's left is a box of Dove.
Don't be enemies with the fate of my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment