Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7

Prompt: Falling asleep or waking up

Owls sing from out my window of my new house,
They're noises you wouldn't hear in my old city.
I'm slipping into a peaceful darkness in Mommy's bed.
Daddy pets my back until I'm fully serene and at ease.

I'll dream of Peter Pan and adventures found 
in Neverland. And of my castles and pretty
ball gowns from another time.  I'm safe in Mommy's bed.
Daddy's watching over me as my breaths start to ease.

The dreams become more real.  I'm living in imaginary
until the sun comes shining in bright and early.
The scent of vanilla from Mommy's kitchen wafts upstairs.
I take my place on Daddy's lap as he reads the paper.

He reads the cartoon section and I dip my waffles in berry
syrup on my Barbie plate. This is a typical Sunday.
Mommy goes to get the baby from her room upstairs.
Me and Daddy dance around the living room, hats made out of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment